Saturday, January 21, 2012

Working Out

I have recently come to love it. I'm not like a juice head or anything, and I don't plan on it any time soon. I don't even want to get ripped. I've just realized that I like the feeling of waking up sore. I like using my mind to push my body harder and harder, and I like seeing those small improvements I can make every day. For instance, I can now run three miles. Granted it's a ten minute mile... But not bad considering a week ago I could only run 2 miles.
It's things like that. The little subtle improvements that make you feel good. I know I didn't get that much better at running in a week, but I got that much better at mind-over-body'ing myself and pushing myself that way.
On a similar note, I would like to go to California without being COMPLETELY shown up by all the guys around me. I doubt it'll happen, but maybe I'll at least look at little bigger by then. You know, like I didn't just get imported from Ethiopia. That'd be cool.
Best experience with working out definitely came today though. It was hot as balls in the gym, because it's Saturday so everybody's at the gym. But the second we stepped outside, we got hit with a pleasantly cool breeze and ice cold rain. It chilled my sore muscles near-poetically. I love the rain to begin with, but to have it cooling me off was awesome. I love today. Happy weekend, everybody.

No comments:

Post a Comment