Wednesday, January 11, 2012

And now for a happy post!!

Anybody who knows me knows I love being happy and smiling and laughing. So I'd hate for my last post to be the one that appears at the top of my blog. So I'll make a new one. Maybe something a bit lighter? Methinks that'd be great.

I love the phrase "methinks". It's way underused. Like the word thrice. And "Yes'm". And phallic (that's a personal favorite of mine.) I like trying to find ways to use old and outdated phrases or words like these. One that I was thinking about recently was "screwing the pooch." Why is this phrase even remotely acceptable? I mean no matter how you look at it, it's about bestiality. So why is it that my grandmother who says "Oh my stars" will talk about screwing the pooch? It's just kind of a strange analogy for anything. Next analogy they need to come up with should be about abortions, while we're at it. You know, instead of telling somebody "don't give up" we could tell them "Don't give it the ol' coat hanger just yet". Wow, that's actually pretty good, I may just start using that...


No comments:

Post a Comment