Monday, January 2, 2012

First Post!!

For a long time, almost a year, I have been debating getting a blog. As a writer, this should have been an obvious choice for me to do.But a few things held me back
1) Lack of a witty title. I couldn't come up with anything that a neat, funny, or clever for a title. I felt like everything I came up with (including the current title) was quite stupid.
2) Lack of things to write about. I like writing fiction. My life is stupid and boring. This blog will probably comprise mostly of pictures, because I remember things through pictures.
3) Lack of time. As I was beginning college, I was contemplating getting a blog to talk about things that I was experiencing at college. However, I feared my time would be occupied (as it was.)
Now I feel that I should let you know why I decided to get a blog
1) I'm hilarious. Sharing my gift with the world would just be throwing it away. Except I'm not that conceited so I'd never say anything like that.
2) I love writing. I really do. One of my New Year's Resolutions is to write more. I like writing short skits and comedies and such, but I feel doing any writing will benefit me and help me decide if I want to write for my profession.
3) I read several people's blogs over my Winter Break, and loved them. I liked reading about my friends and getting to know them a little deeper through their blogging. Was it a waste of time? Definitely. Did I get to know my friends better? Absolutely? Was it creepy? Only slightly.
So here it is. My blog about blogging, writing, and living. Thus the title. Plus it's written by me, so I feel the term "hyperactive" was all too appropriate.

No comments:

Post a Comment